I do realize that we have been home from Moab for more than a week, but I just never make time for posting. We went to Moab to escape the cold weather and wouldn't you know it.... it followed us there. We didn't let the rain ruin our parade though. We still got in plenty of riding time and made some great memories together.
Happy Thoughts from our trip to Moab:
- The scenery and landscape of Moab is BEAUTIFUL! I loved that every turn in the road brought with it a new and different
and phenomenal sight to behold. God did some of his best work in this part of our world!
- Standing on top of Gemini Bridge. Wow!!!! what an amazing creation!
- Getting hailed on in an open roofed rhino. And rain too. We were very cold by the time we got back to the truck, but the boys giggled and laughed under their blanket almost the entire ride. I think that I am gonna have heated seats added to our rhino after that little trip.
- Thankfully there are public toilet- hole-thingys at the trail heads. You know... the kind that don't flush...the kind that you can see down into. Jack had to "go" so I took him in. The kid has a sensitive sniffer so when he caught the scent of that toilet his gag reflex kicked in...I couldn't stop laughing!!! And the funny part was that he could'nt stop looking down into it. It was like when you see a terrible train wreck with blood and gore everywhere.... you can't help but look however disgusting it might be. So Jack kept looking and gagging!
- The adreneline was pumping and the testosterone was pushing the men to do things that pushed the patience of the wives. I have decided that men like to feel like they are alive by doing things that could make them die! Why is this? I have to admit it was a little entertaining to see just how daring they can be. Men and women are sooooo very different.
- Making the 6+ hour trip home with no movies or Nintendo DS's. We spotted deer, antelope, prairie dogs, trains, and cool rock formations the whole trip. We made up our own words to songs and played "I Spy." It was fun to do a little family bonding in the car... you remember the good old days of road trips without digital entertainment don't you?!
1 comment:
Sounds like a blast!! Yay for happy thoughts.
Post a Comment