I just loved church today! It was one of those days that we were 20 minutes late and we almost just skipped sacrament meeting, but we dragged our noisy children in late and settled in. The talks were about Pride and Gratitude. I loved them both, but for some reason I really loved the talk about Gratitude. The speaker talked about recognizing our blessings. When we recognize our blessings, we realize how very much we have to be thankful for and that, in turn, makes us happy! I love this concept! In college, my mom sent me a desk calendar that had 5 happy thoughts for each day. I made a point of reading them everyday. Sometimes it helped me see the bounties of every day, sometimes I took time out of the day to notice the happy thoughts that were mentioned... like the crunch of snow or the sound of children playing. I loved this calendar and I love the year that I spent thinking happy thoughts. The talk at church today inspired me to take time to list a few "Happy Thoughts" for today. I asked my boys what their happy thoughts were and they said things like, "drinking Mountain Dew"and "eating candy." Here's a list of mine for today!
1. Burke and the boys curled up in blankets watching Robin Hood together on the floor.
2. Eating Papa Murphey's pizza for Sunday dinner (pick it up Sat., cook it on Sun.)!!!
3. Ellie sitting up and playing by herself.
4. Ellie laughing at her toys... no one prompting her.
5. Eating breakfast in front of the fireplace because we woke up to another snow storm!
6. Tate pushing a doll stroller down the halls of church with his nursery teacher.
7. Cadbury eggs. I love them! Not the ones with the candy coating... the ones with the gooey

middle... I know, I know. Everyone thinks they are sick, but I LOVE them. I thought they were so cool as a kid and now that I'm an adult, I still love them!
8. Diet Dr. Pepper. Mmmmmmmm! It's dreamy!
9. Jack is finally getting his front teeth that he lost on Halloween.
10. This new quote that I got from Carla's talk: "Fine feathers don't make a fine bird." (something her grandmother used to say about peacocks)
11. Getting a randomly great photo of the kids
1 comment:
This was so good, Alison!
I missed all of church today (kids with pink eye -- again!) and I needed a good spiritual boost. Thanks for sharing these happy thoughts.
I need to do the same!
Post a Comment