Daddy was gone deer hunting so that left us to party hard without him....and we did! We had a great Halloween! Probably the best one I can remember. Probably because I wasn't prego or toting a nursing bambino around! We spent the morning decorating our front porch with apothecary jars filled with body parts. Then, since the weather was supreme, we went to Ryan's place park. This park is amazing!!!!!!!!! We spent almost 2 hours climbing, imagining, swinging, sliding and even, yes, snowball fighting. It was warm and the air was crisp, it was perfect. Then we headed home for naps and lunch. I threw around the idea of dressing up in Burke's Nacho costume...and decided you can't mess with Nacho perfection. No one could pull it off like he did. Then we hooked up with our Amalga cousins and hit the street. I love that the Stephenson family always has hot dogs and a bon fire on their drive way. It is so fun and warm! I love that Tate kept up with the big boys and got really great at saying trick or treat. I love that my neighbors Stefanie and Reed get dressed VERY scary and actually delight in scaring innocent children (and adults)! I love that my SIL, AMY, made a cheesy spook alley at her house in Amalga that was kid friendly and fun! I love that I went to bed with a smile on my face because it was not just a fun day for them, it was a fun day for me!
Monday, November 9, 2009
Halloween
Daddy was gone deer hunting so that left us to party hard without him....and we did! We had a great Halloween! Probably the best one I can remember. Probably because I wasn't prego or toting a nursing bambino around! We spent the morning decorating our front porch with apothecary jars filled with body parts. Then, since the weather was supreme, we went to Ryan's place park. This park is amazing!!!!!!!!! We spent almost 2 hours climbing, imagining, swinging, sliding and even, yes, snowball fighting. It was warm and the air was crisp, it was perfect. Then we headed home for naps and lunch. I threw around the idea of dressing up in Burke's Nacho costume...and decided you can't mess with Nacho perfection. No one could pull it off like he did. Then we hooked up with our Amalga cousins and hit the street. I love that the Stephenson family always has hot dogs and a bon fire on their drive way. It is so fun and warm! I love that Tate kept up with the big boys and got really great at saying trick or treat. I love that my neighbors Stefanie and Reed get dressed VERY scary and actually delight in scaring innocent children (and adults)! I love that my SIL, AMY, made a cheesy spook alley at her house in Amalga that was kid friendly and fun! I love that I went to bed with a smile on my face because it was not just a fun day for them, it was a fun day for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I'm glad you had a fun day Alison! When are you going to come down and visit me?
Post a Comment