Thursday, September 25, 2008

Blessing


Our Blessing- I can't help but think what a blessing this baby girl is. She is wonderful! I talk to her and she'll actually talk back. She likes to sleep at night! She makes these absolutely to die for coos and sighs. I love that she takes a binki...yes! She rocks my world.

Her Blessing Day-At the beginning of September we blessed her. We had such a good day. (I always stress so much about food prep and housework so once everyone got here is was so nice to kick back and enjoy)

The Blessing Dress- This dress was purchased for me by my mother when she went to Belgium 12 years ago. I wasn't even married yet. The dress was put away and forgotten. Low and behold we finally got a girl so I pulled the dress out. Ok. It fit Tate. I don't know how huge the babies are in Belgium, maybe it's because of all the yummy chocolates there. Anywho, I knew it would break my momma's heart if I didn't use the dress so I totally broke out the sewing machine and got crafty. I cut off the top of the original dress and made a new one. I then pleated the skirt so that it fit the new top (I didn't want to cut off any of the pretty fabric) and put it together. It turns out that I might have a little bit of craftiness in me after all. I loved her dress. She looked beautiful.

3 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh, you go, you crafty girl!

I have The Office recorded and would TOTALLY watch it again if you want to have a play date with the kiddos.

Taylor and Jessica Malungahu said...

I love the dress. I didn't know you could sew. She is the prettiest thing ever. I had so much fun with you and your mom we will have to do it again.

Ang said...

You are a crafty girl! That is a gorgeous dress.