Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Elizabeth Mae

On June 30th, our fourth child was born... our first daughter. We named her Elizabeth Mae. She was born 2 weeks early. She was breech so my doctor suggested that we try a version to get he to turn. She wanted to do it early before the baby got too big. That way if she flipped, we could break my water and get things rollin'. I totally didn't think it was going to work, but it did! So first they gave me muscle relaxant to help my uterus relax while they pushed the baby up and around. Then they gave me pitocin to make it contract. My poor uterus! It took all day to get this little lady to drop, but when she did it all happened very fast. I went from a 7 to a 10 in a matter of 15 minutes. I pushed through 2 contractions and she was here! 7 pounds 3 ounces. She had the cord around her neck so she was a little pasty, but other than that she is perfect!

She was named after my grandmother Margaret Elizabeth (she's the cute lil' granny in the pic...yes that's me and Burke 10 years ago). We call her Ellie, sometimes she's Ellie Bellie, and I hate to admit it but sometimes she is Smelly-Ellie (a name she legitimatly earned).

The Picture Posted here is courtesy of Angie Francis Photography. All of our pictures of her when she was brand spankin' new were erased in an aweful technichal accident so I am grateful to Ang for these beautiful pics of our little sunshine!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

Yeah, you're back in the blogging world. Love the picture of darling Ellie. Cheers my love.

Ang said...

She is so dang cute! Glad to see you back - hope you post again before she's 5. ha ha. Gorgeous picture!

Taylor and Jessica Malungahu said...

I am so glad you finally posted your beautiful baby girl on your blog. I have been checking in every once in a while patiently waiting. I actually picked up my phone just this morning as I was driving to call and tell you that you needed to update your blog with your little princess and then got distracted. She is adorable you have very pretty babies!

Angie said...

She is adorable!! And how sweet that you put the picture of your grandma on there, too! I love how we come up with names for our grandparents - don't you!?! Hope all is going well up and around the corner...