Monday, December 22, 2008

Have Yourself a Very Cr----py Christmas

Have yourself a croupy little Christmas. I know you were thinking the other word...well I'd be lying if I hadn't thought it a few times myself. We have been battling the croup at our house for the last 2-3 weeks. As soon one of them is better, another one gets sick... it is totally sucking the JOY out of Christmas. I even got a beautiful cold out of it. Yesterday, Ellie woke up barking. LOVELY!!! So we packed up and went to instacare and by some tender mercy there was no wait to see a doctor. Of course we had 2 hours of fun once we were in though! Here is a list of the JOYS Ellie got to experience at the Instacare.
1.A rectal temperature reading (thermometer up the #@%&)
2.nebulizer treatment to help with the raspiness (no big deal, just breathing in a face mask)
3. RSV testing( tube down nose, water squirted in and sucked back out...yuck!)
4. a chest x-ray to look for pneumonia (it was really an amazing process, but sad to see baby girl secured in an upright tube with her arms above her head was really wierd.)
5. After RSV and Pneumonia testing came back neg (Thank Heavens) she was given oral steroids to help with the coughing.

She has been doing really well so far (knock on wood). I have to tell you I'm to the point that I just want a very healthy little christmas.... hack, cough, gag. No gifts required except healthy babies.... and maybe photoshop!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Bless your heart! Lily went through all of that testing when she was about Ellie's age and I remember how NOT fun it is. How can I help? Dinner? I'd love to bring dinner over. I'm bringing dinner over. How's 5:30?

Taylor and Jessica Malungahu said...

I am so sorry! I hope all of your kids get better and you can have a healthy kids for the New Year.