Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Hoilday Highlights

It was a total Christmas Miracle!!! On Christmas Eve, Ellie and I were at the worst of our nasty colds. I felt so out of spirits and very bah-humbug. We went ahead with our scheduled Christmas Eve plans (going to my parent's home). We had a great time... the kids had a blast... etc., etc. Christmas morning, Ellie was back to her cheerful happy self, and I felt loads better too! So I wanted to share a few of our Christmas holiday highlights with everyone.

1. Going to Grandma and Grandpa's house is always fun! They have this tremendously long, sloped driveway that is perfect for kiddie sledding!
2. We ran over an already dead deer in the canyon on the way home! Ca-Conk!!! "Mom, what was that?" "Oh nothing boys, just Rudolph!" When we got home, Roxy (our dog) was over by the car, licking and sniffing the guts that were probably smeared down our undercarriage. NICE.
3. I got out of making sugar cookies for Santa because there were Oreo s in the pantry. The boys agreed that Santa would definitely like Oreo s best!
4. At 8:20-ish Jack got a worried look on his face and gasped, "Mom, we gotta go to bed so Santa can come!" um, let me think about that one.... OK!
5. On Christmas morning we awoke at 8:00 to "He Came!" "Look!!!"
6. Everyone was happy with their presents and there was happy play all day ( and week for that matter).











7. Ebelskivers for breakfast! These are a tradition for Christmas breakfast in my family. (Of course, we didn't actually eat them until noon. ) My mom always put applesauce or chocolate chips in them. This year we tried filling a few with Reeses Pieces. Oh Baby!











8. Tate sat in Ellie's jumperoo and bounced for an hour or more. Ellie lovs it too! She jumps with her left leg and opens her mouth in a big grin. It's so stinkin' cute!
9. SLEDDING, SLEDDING, SLEDDING!!!!! Big Hills, Driveways, Little Hills, but their favorite was being pulled behind the 4-wheeler! Thank goodness I got a hot chocolate maker from Santa! We definitely needed to warm up after all of our snowy fun.
10. Finally, my own personal highlight was spinning the van off the road the day after Christmas and plowing into a snowbank. Thankfully Burke was with me so I had an expert to help get us out! OK, about 4 burly strong men, and a diesel truck to tell the truth! I kept laughing about it for a few days, but the truth was, it scared the heck out of me. I was actually being cautious because of all the snow and nasty slushy roads.
All in all, it was a very merry Christmas holiday. Hopefully all of you made a wonderful holiday memory of your own!

2 comments:

Ang said...

Fun times! What a lot of great memories for you and your kiddos!

Wendy said...

Your nativity picture is adorable. I am so glad you did not get hurt in your little snow mishap. AND, I am glad all the kiddos were healthy Christmas morning. Are you just loving Photoshop??