Monday, May 10, 2010

2 Ways to Eat Pesto

I. LOVE. BASIL.
I. LOVE. GARLIC.
Put them together and you get PESTO!!!!
So guess what else I love?! Go ahead....guess!

I.LOVE.PESTO!

Recipe #1 you will need these...

Pesto Egg Salad
2 hard boiled eggs, diced up
2 scoops of pesto or more....or less, but really.... why????? (I'm sure homemade would ROCK! But, woa-is-me, I only had the bottled stuff)

Put it on a Wasa Cracker and Viola! You have a DELIGHTFUL adult version of a kid-tested favorite! Mmmmmm. It was yummy for my tummy!

Next Pesto Recipe was inspired from blogosphere somewhere and the day old bread rack at Wal Mart and what was actually in my fridge when dinner time arrived.

Pesto, Turkey and Swiss on Focassia


Begin with these ingredients. You will also need some sort of bread loaf...I used focassia (Its Deeeeelightful) I also used tomato and fresh spinach leaves to make it a more healthfully rounded meal.

Cut Bread in half.
Schmear with light mayo on both sides (not too much, but enough to moisten the bread)
Schmear pesto over that (I only applied pesto to one half of my bread, but do as you please!)
Layer Turkey, Spinach, Tomato, Onions or Avocado would also be tasty. Top with Swiss, then sprinkle with Parmessan for extra good flava'!
Close sandwich so it looks like this...

Wrap in foil and bake til bubbly and warm. Cut into slices and serve it up with a lovely salad, veggie tray, or simply just mac n cheese (cuz really you are not gonna want to share it with your chillins....they'll just waste it anyway).

Remember: "Simplicity with food is a Treasure, not a sacrifice!"

No comments: