by Mother Hen
*This is the coop that Burke built.
*This is a chicken
That lives in the coop that Burke built.
*This is the door,
That locks in the chicken
That lives in the coop that Burke built.
*This is the string,
That opens the door, (From the inside)
That locks in the chicken
That lives in the coop that Burke built.
*This is the villain,
That broke the string,
That opens the door,
That locks in the chicken
That lives in the coop that Burke built.
*This is the mom who went in to feed, (and got locked in the coop)
That yelled for the villain,
That broke the string,
That opens the door,
That locks in the chicken, (and the mom)
That lives in the coop that Burke built.
*This is the chicken all in a frenzy,
That pecked the mom who went in to feed,
That yelled for the villain,
That broke the string,
That opens the door,
That locks in the chicken
That lives in the coop that Burke built.
*This is the hero just home from school, (1 hour later)
That visited his chicken all in a frenzy,
That saved the mom who went in to feed,
That yelled for the villain,
That broke the string,
That opens the door,
That locks in the chicken,
That lives in the coop that Burke built.
Yes, it’s true. We have chickens…and a coop…. and a lot of poop! I went out to feed last week and got locked in because “Somebody” pulled the emergency pull off of the latch. I was horrified to find myself locked in especially since the coop wasn’t finished yet, so there was no exit to the outside run yet. And there were no windows to crawl out of. I screamed for help, but it was useless because it was a rainy day and no one was playing outside…. Besides that, the chickens went cuckoo when I yelled. I considered climbing out of the nesting box, but figured that I would get stuck doing that and have to be rescued by the “jaws of life.” I considered busting down the door, but thought Burke would probably not be too happy about fixing that. And finally, I settled with waiting. It was quite relaxing in there really! I found myself wishing I had a book to read so I could enjoy the solitude. I am considering locking myself in there again soon, cuz I know that is one place no one will find me for at least an hour…. And hour of peace and quiet. LOL!
6 comments:
First of all: Gorgeous coop!
Second: An hour of peace and quiet?! Yes, all you needed was a book.
Third: Where was Ellie?????
Fourth: Very cute and cleverly written post. Loved it.
I KNEW you would eventually get around to telling about your "adventure in the coop"! Very creative and entertaining, only you could do it so well!!!
That is way to funny. I totally want some chickens.
That is way to funny. I totally want some chickens.
The part I didn't mention was that Ellie had just gone down for a nap, but I did have my twin nephews for the day...they are 4 1/2. The boys were all actively playing Wii when I went out to the coop...who knows if they continued on the whole time I was gone. While I was in the coop their dad came to get them. He asked the boys where I was...They said they didn't know, but when he left that is when they got serious about finding me!!! Jack was hysterically crying when he found me. I was hysterically happy, the chickens were just plain hysterical from me screaming! Now I think it is funny...then, not so much!
clever and hilsrious!
Post a Comment