I found this on the plant pot aisle while shopping at JoAnn's the other day. It was 50% OFF which made it only $8-ish. I thought it was so dang cute I couldn't help but buy it!!! Then the thought hit me...it'd be a great Mother's Day Gift...A GIANT thimble for my mom who is BIG into sewing!!! I think I might need one too! But for now this one is getting filled with something for her. I was thinking I could fill it with fat quarters of fabric or an actual plant (a cactus would be funny cuz it's poky and a thimble is supposed to protect you from poky stuff) or I could fill it with different colors of thread, a cute pair of shears or a new seam ripper (cuz that's every sewer's BFF) or I guess I could just fill it with good old fashioned candy...the good kind. I haven't decided yet, but I must decide soon... time's running out.
Any one else have some fun Mother's Day gift ideas?
3 comments:
Cute! I think I need one - in my craft room. But I would put M&Ms or Oreos, you know, useful stuff in it. he he.
Oooo! I like your thinkin'! Can they be peanut butter M&M's?
peanut butter m&m's all the way! i think i need on for my craft room, hobby lobby also has ginormous scissors that are sooo cute!!!
Post a Comment