I always get myself off track...this is supposed to be about the eggs we are now getting from the pets I formerly snubbed. I have had a pet chicken attitude adjustment! I love the little pretties. For more than their eggs actually...I love them because of their bug eating aswell! They are contributing members of this household. Laaaaaaaa! Finally! Contribution! LOL! So this is a bowl of their latest contributions.
Isn't it beautiful?! We have 12 chickens. Today we got 6 eggs. One egg was eggstraordinary. So I had to share.
Can you imagine pooping/pushing/gruntin' that one out?! OUCH! Here it is compared to our largest egg and smallest egg. Seriously, I have a new found respect for what hens have to do EVERYDAY!
And here it is compared to something more concrete for y'all...a yogurt cup...they're nearly the same length. I can't wait to crack this baby open to see how many yolks there are inside!!! Because I have already had 2 eggs with double yolks!
So it turns out chickens ARE my kind of pets. I would highly encourage YOU to get a few too!
4 comments:
That is so cool! I've been meaning to ask you if you've gotten any eggs yet. Now I know! So, I'm always out of eggs, can I start buying them from you? My pets are boring and don't produce anything but poo, so I can't trade goods - I'll just have to give you cash!
I love it! Yer a funny writer too!
Honestly??? I feel like I could have written this post...well, except that I was excited to get them in the first place. But I now love them more than I ever could have anticipated.
We have four laying right now and the other 6 should be coming along in the next couple of months.
Also, SERIOUSLY. I will never complain about my period ever again.
Hey girl, hey. Found my password! Love da blog... and you!
Post a Comment