Friday, August 27, 2010

Potato Salad To Die For


I LOVE community cookbooks. You know the kind when everyone contributes their best and yummiest recipes? So my mom gave me one that they were selling in her community. I have to admit that it sat for a long time before I started benefiting from it's contents. Because I have red potatoes and eggs coming out my ears, I went searching for a super yummy potato salad recipe. And I found one...thank you Molly Bird, whoever you are, for sharing this divine recipe! I like it....a lot!

Potato Salad To Die For
Boil and dice 6 cups of potatoes.
Boil and dice 6-8 eggs. (you may want to save a couple to slice for the top... it's aesthetically pleasing you know!)
Chopped celery and or green pepper (these are not in the original recipe, but I like to add one or both of them in)

In a pan mix and cook the following ingredients until thickened.
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. salt
3/4 C. water with 1 T. cornstarch mixed in
1/2 C. sugar
1/4 C. vinegar

After thickened, remove from heat and let it cool for 2-3 minutes.
Then mix with 1 C. mayonnaise. Do not substitute salad dressing.
Add mixture to potatoes, eggs and any other things you wish to be in your salad.
Then add 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoons pepper. And top with sliced eggs.

Mmmm-mmmmmmmmmm Good!

1 comment:

Pantraya said...

OMG Allison, totally. My mom got me a Presto Cookbook for Christmas one year. The community ones are the best cuz they are tried and true cookbooks. This looks good I might try it. I kinda want to be your friend. :: wink :: I like you.