Sunday, August 8, 2010


I have never really loved my living room. The color, though pretty and rustic, just doesn't really compliment my piano. I have experimented with lots of different furniture arrangements, etc. but the room has never really felt finished or cohesive even. So when hubby bought himself a new archery bow (with a big price tag) I said, "my turn!" I originally wanted to do this room a smokey blue-green. But I had a really hard time finding a paint color that spoke to me.

So I decided to find furniture first. The one thing that is a must in this room is my grandmother's baby grand piano that I inherited. It is a non-negotiable part of this room. Another piece I found was this potentially really cute table (without a top) at the thrift store for $8. I have plans to paint it black and hubby said he would cut me a piece of granite from his shop to put on top of it. Yessssssss! The Chairs I found were $130 ea. Thank you TJ Maxx. Love you! They are the inspiration for my paint color. The paint color and design I created with photoshop elements... This is my favorite thing! It is so fun! You can redecorate and not even have to tempt fate with paint color and other decor choices. I have plans to redo my big giant clock in a mod, dark purple and silver motif. It should be cute. And the other wall will have large fabric covered panels hanging on them. I am still not sure about drapes, but I think either deep purple or silver would be cool. But, sometimes keeping it simple is good enough for me...ya know?!

So, if all goes as planned, my living room will look like this by the end of the month! Can't wait! I'll post actual photos when it's all done. If you have any good ideas, please share. I can't decide if I'm crazy to paint my living room a shade of purple, but every time I look at it, I like it...it makes me feel peaceful. So I'm gonna go with purple. Why not. Life is too short to live my life in an all brown house!

3 comments:

Angie said...

I love the purple!!! Go for it...
Can't wait to see the finished product. You are such a crafty lady - wanna come redecorate some stuff at my house?? It could REALLY use it!

Chase and Nahomi said...

L-O-V-E IT!!! love the purple! can't wait to see it when it's all done!

WendyL said...

It really is beautiful.
YOU are so talented (just to think of it would overload my mind, and here you are creating resemblances and stuff).
But just a note, I painted my bedroom a shade of purple, actually three different shades, and have never loved a room more. I have since moved out of that room at my parent's house, and still I miss those walls.
Purple is serene and calm and cannot be over- or under-done!
Love it. Do it.
I'm sure you have a beautiful house...if this is any indication!