Tuesday, October 14, 2008




Max
aka : Mighty Max, the Maximizer, Mister, Maxine
age: 5

This boy keeps me on my toes. He totally cracks me up! He is very accident prone. He can be just as, if not more dramatic than most girls I know. He is funny and doesn't even try. He loves his brothers. He adores his sis. He is shy, but not really. He has this to die for high pitched voice. I love to hear him talk. He loves farm and construction equipment and can tell you about all the different ones. He likes to have bayler (and combine, and manure spreader, and swather, you get the picture) manuals read to him. He likes to read "Cartin'" Magazine. All the dirt bikes and rhinos and sand rails really get him excited. He loves diggin' in the yard with all his equipment, and I love to watch him. Here is a little tribute to my baby boy!

These are a few of my favorite Max-isms:
  • When I am a dad can my name be Burke?


  • When I am a dad I'm gonna have a John Deere tractor, and a skid loader.


  • Why am I not a dad yet?... I wanna be a dad!


  • While camping this summer Max asked Burke if we were gonna miss church. Burke said, "Yup. We missed church today." Max whispered under his breath "YES!" and did a little thing with his fist.


  • While breast feeding the baby he came up real close to us and was watching really intently. Finally he leaned in and poked my boob! I said, "Wut cha doin'?" He goes, "I like to touch your big chest mom!" HA! I almost wet my pants. Somehow I get the feeling I am not gonna be the last person he says that to.


  • Burke was teasing them one night and kept turning the hall light (night light) off. The boys were discussing who they thought was doing this aweful thing from their beds. Finally Max came trompin' down the hall, hands on hips, and grouchy face. Jack said "Who was it?" and Max replied, "I don't know, but I'm getting fired up!"


  • We are leaving WalMart with a heaping cart in the rain and Max wants me to run so his hair doesn't get wet. I said No Way. Mainly because I know my luck and I know how graceful I'm not. Then a 60+ year old dude goes sailing by me on his cart. So when we get back to the car Max goes..."I know who can't run Mom." "Oh yeah. Who?!" "YOU!" Grrrreat.


  • This one was inspired by a commercial for the Simpson's movie when Homer is singing, "Spider-pig, spider-pig..." Max adapted it to "spider-camel, spider-camel..." (This is totally off the subject, but my favorite Homer line of all time is "I am so smart, S-M-R-T!")


2 comments:

Ang said...

I like Max - he's a crack-up.

I totally think you should get Burke a fainting goat - do you know how much fun the whole neighborhood would have with that? I watched the videos and was totally laughing my butt off.

n.noyesfamily said...

Oh my heck! So you know that you will own a fainting goat don't you? Burke will totally bring it home! Cute blog page! I need you & Nahomi to help me with my pathetic blog pages! I loved the tomato & cheese sandwich! LOL!!