So most of you are aware that my husband is slightly obsessed with hunting. I used to think that meant he would load up and go romp through the wilderness for a few days, shoot a deer and head home. Oh no! Now he has evolved in his skill and desire. He now hunts archery- deer which begins in Aug. and he hunts deer with a rifle (usually in Idaho or Colorado, or both) in Oct. Then of course Elk. After this there is pheasant, coyote, rock chuck and rabbit. The man doesn't quit. I wish he had the same kind of determination towards organizing the garage. Oh Well! So he is on his third trip of the season now and it totally coinsided with UEA weekend. Crud! A week with hubby gone AND no school! YIKES!!!! So we have totally thrown caution to the wind and we've been busy having fun while he's been gone.
I started off the weekend by catching Mamma Mia! for the first time! Totally funny!
Then in the morning, we went to Grandma Mary's house. She took us to the park,

to get treats at the store and then we went to the Dinosaur Park (which was gruesomely decorated for Halloween... bloody body parts were all over the place) !!!

notice the realistic decapitated head in these pics....GROSS!!!!!

After a fun filled overnighter with g-ma, we headed home. I had a date planned with some scrapbook supplies and my Nikon!!!! I scrapbooked for two days straight before I decided to change it up. I found this really great little bag at
vintagericrac.blogspot.com. I only stayed up until 3:00 to work on that... It didn't take that long to sew, I just couldn't help it, I had to make more with the extra fabric!!!

Burke will be home`soon and I'll have to start cooking again and doing house work. BLAH. It was fun while it lasted. I figure, I must play while the cat's away otherwise I'll absolutely go nuts knowing he's having fun and I'm not!
4 comments:
Oh how I love your purse. We still have so much in common. I too am working on some make-up bags for Christmas gifts. I'm sure you have heard of Amy Butlers' stash and dash bags. So cute and so easy.
Did you know I've made that same bag? I sent it to a friend, though, and I keep thinking how I need to make another one for myself. Love your fabric!
That turned out so cute!
You go girl! way to not sit around waiting for your man to get home and getting out of house and playing! super cute bag! i want to make one!
Post a Comment