
Most of you already know that I grew up in beautiful California. One by one, we have moved away. My sister, Stephanie, is the only one who still lives there. Since I have had two babies since I've seen her last(2 1/2 yrs), my mom and I decided to do a girls weekend and visit her and her smokin' familia in the Laguna area! It was so awesome to see everyone again. We did a lot of shopping....whoa! Can I just say that Cali has some awesome malls. They have beautiful fountains and carousels and to die for dining! I realized while I was there just how very casual we are in Utah. I felt frumpy and out of style in my Levi's. Oh well! Good reason to buy new clothes right?! I'd like to shout out a great big THANKS to my niece Brooke for all of her stylish opinions.

Mom treated us to "sister/mother " matching bracelets from Brighton...they are so cute.

Stephanie had a variety of pets at her home... including 4 tortoises, 3 bunnies, and 3 dogs. The tortoises are very cool. There is one especially funny one... he is the devil! He will totally bite your toe off if you aren't paying attention. His name is Borris and ironically he is the smallest one (top left tortoise). The others are named Igor, Abercrombie and Fitch!
While we were there, an area called Yorba Linda started on fire. Many homes have burned to the ground. It is so sad. It is an area that is near where I grew up in Anaheim Hills. My childhood friend Carrie was evacuated from her home because of the fire on Saturday. I was sad I didn't see ya Care-Bear, but I'm so glad your home is still standing and everyone is OK.
Yea for quick road trips! I love to get a change of scenery and then get back home before I get tired of the place I've gone.
2 comments:
How crazy is this? I have only been to California once -- when I was 18 months old.
That looks like a totally fun road trip.
I'm glad you got to go - but I'm really glad you're back. Walking by myself is sooooo boring!
Post a Comment