In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not...He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name....For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.
How grateful I am that God chose Jesus to come to Earth and bear our sins and save us from them. I am so very grateful for the world that he created for us to enjoy. I see his hand in all of the most beautiful things I witness here on Earth and in all the simple things.
Albert Einstein once said, "There are two ways of living life. One is to believe that there are no miracles. The other is to see that everything is a Miracle."
I believe in miracles.
I believe in the miracle of the creation.
I believe in the miracle of Christ's birth.
I believe in the Miracle of forgiveness that he offers us.
I believe that Christ can work miracles in our lives by helping us bear burdens and make changes.
I believe that we can be someone else's miracle by following the promptings of the Holy Ghost.
I believe that miracles are not usually quick...like in Aladdin when he rubs a lamp, asks a genie to do something and POOF! Miracles take time. There is not usually instant gratification when it comes to working miracles...but sometimes there is.
I believe that as we take time to realize the miracles in our own lives, we have increased gratitude and that in turn becomes love.
I am always so good at rambling. I am sorry, but not. I realize my true feelings by rambling. I work things out in my head by rambling...maybe John, and other scriptorians liked to ramble too. Maybe that's how we got this beautiful scripture by John. Who knows! I am grateful for his words. Today they give me hope and peace...perhaps my favorite of John's writings is John 14:27
Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Can I hear an "AMEN" or a "HALLELUJAH" please?! John knew his stuff! I am grateful for his thoughts and I am thankful for those men and women that preserved these writings through the years so that we may be able to grow and be comforted by them today.
1 comment:
Can I give you an AMEN... AND... HALLELUJAH?? Very well said - and I agree that those are some beautiful words from the scriptures.
(I'm also so thankful that so much of it goes across the various religions... not just one or another!! It would be a shame if someone missed out on these, or other, beautiful words because they didn't practice a certain faith.)
Thanks for feeling a bit spiritual today - it was just what I needed to hear, ummm, I mean read!
Post a Comment