Hello, Lovey! Isn't that the most beautiful green basil?! It makes me really miss the fresh stuff out of the garden. But today it'll have to do!
Tomatoes. I chose the "one the vine" variety because I like the way the smelled...don't you just adore the smell of the tomato vine?! I guess I might be a little weird here. Any tomatoes will do.
Coarse Sea Salt is recommended, but I think Kosher would work as well. And Mr. Italy didn't use balsamic vinegerette, but I thought it would add a little zing to
our treat! So I added this and for once, it was the right thing to do!
I didn't take a pic of the bread loaf, but I used a baguette from the bakery. My favorite bread to use is Crumb Brothers sourdough loaf, but it was sold out. Boooooo! Slice your toast on the diagonal and toast it so that it is very crip! We DO NOT want soggy bruschetta! You Hear?!
Then, rub-a-dub that plump lil' garlic clove right onto the toast. Don't push too hard if you don't like overwhelming garlic flavor. If you adore it, as we do, push and rub to your heart's content! Then add chopped tomatoes. Then tear the basil and sprinkle on top of tomatoes. Now sprinkle each toast with a bit of sea salt and finally, drizzle, ever so slightly, a bit of the balsamic vinaigrette. Not too much. Don't drown it with dressing like we, Americans, like to do. Use self control and only put a drizzle of it. And Viola! The Brushcetta Bomb! Booya!
Enjoy!
I had to mention that the first time we made this we overdid the garlic...HUGELY!!! We couldn't brush it off our tongues. It was the worst morning breath I've ever experienced. TMI? Any hoo. Have you heard that stainless steal removes garlic odor? Well it does if you rub your hands on it. I got up and spotted my stainless steal cup on the counter. And wouldn't you know?! Stainless steal will remove the garlic odor from your tongue if you lick it!!!! LOL! I'm a little embarassed to admit that I made out with my stainless steel tumbler, but it was soooooo worth not having garlic breath all day!
2 comments:
Your blog is AWESOME!!! It's nice to know someone with great ideas and the talent to go with it! If you need someone to tase test your creations.. give me a call!
I just bought more basil at the store. Be expecting a phone call this week!
Post a Comment