For Thanksgiving I made an Oh- So-Thankful tree. It is made out of ugly brown fabric that is cut out ( I just eyeballed it using a picture). Then it is painted on the wall with watered down Elmer's glue (which will wash off with warm water and a little Mr. Clean). We wrote the things we were thankful for on the leaves of the tree and stuck them up using poster putty.
For Christmas I made some cute red birds and white snow puffs. I adhered them with poster putty, and numbered them. Under each one I put a piece of paper that had an activity. The activities ranged from going to a movie, to having a cousin late night, to playing a game or reading a Christmas book. I tried to do cheap stuff, but stuff that we don't usually make time for unless it's family night. One of our favorite activities was making a family film! It isn't good, but it was them dancing and singing. They loved watching themselves on screen!
I like my tree enough that it may stay until spring. Then I may transform it with tissue paper cherry blossoms or add family pictures to make a family tree. I haven't quite decided which. If you have an idea...let me know.
2 comments:
Really Really Cute! Post your movie!
Darling idea Alison. I love your blog, it looks so professional with all of your pictures.
Post a Comment