Oh.My.Gosh. I am loving anything bruschetta these days. So this is inspired by the bruschetta pizza I ordered a year ago at The Cheesecake factory. We also had one in Hawaii 2 years ago. I promise you'll love this simple pleasure!
I use a recipe that doubles for breadsticks and pizza dough. I'll share that later.
1. Roll out a personal sized pizza dough.
2. DO NOT PUT SAUCE ON IT.
3. Put on halved tomato slices from one tomato (give or take a bit).
4. Then mince 1 garlic clove and sprinkle around the pizza.
5. Next tear fresh basil leaves into pieces and sprinkle them. A little goes a long way with the garlic and basil. Just add your own desired amount.
6. Then top with Mozzarella cheese.
7. And bake.
You will not regret trying this recipe I promise! Burke was a bit bugged that I didn't make him one...he just got the normal toppings. I didn't want to jeopardize his dinner...seeing as though these experiments don't always work out! You Know what I mean?! I have decided though, that a little minced garlic atop any pizza toppings REALLY makes it shine! Try it. You'll see.
Breadstick/Pizza Dough Recipe
1 Tbsp yeast (I use SAF because you can mix it right into your flour without proofing it)
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3 cups flour
Mix and let rise 10-15 minutes. I then split it to make 2/3 pizza and 1/3 breadsticks. You can do what you please.
For pizza, use Pam to maneuver, not flour, cuz flour will dry out the dough. Pat out on pan, top, and bake @ 400 for 15-20 minutes.
For breadsticks: Melt 1/3 cube butter in a bowl. Roll a dough worm with your hands, dip in butter and place in 8x8 casserole dish. When dough is all dipped, sprinkle garlic powder, parmessan, I like a little salad supreme for color and good flavor. You can put Mozzarella if you like cheesy sticks. Then pour remaining butter over the sticks. Let rise till double and bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes.
Enjoy!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment