Friday, January 29, 2010

Flashback Friday: Garbage Pail Kids

I was trying to tackle my household clutter today because there is a DI drive tomorrow and I was hoping to have a porch full of crap to donate. I have been very successful in discarding a lot of stuff...old toys that have hardly been played with and probably never will, fabric that has sat and will probably never be cut by me, old clothes (I reduced my wardrobe by about 1/4...now Burke has more clothing than I do, and I am officially getting rid of all things to do with infants, babies and pregnancy. Ooooo it feels good to see the pile by the door! Now I just need to tackle the mess that I created while tearing apart cupboards and closets. I do need to vacuum, but I keep telling myself that it can wait... because let's face it... housework does wait for you. Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in an enchanted castle like the beast (in Beauty and the Beast)?! The dishes do themselves and they cook and entertain too! That is my kind of fantasy. Mmmmmmmmm. Huh?! What?! Ooops! Sorry. I kind of got lost in that fantasy. Anyway, what I'm getting at with the de-cluttering is that as I opened and looked through cupboards that haven't seen sunlight in a good year, I found some Garbage Pail Kid cards. Anyone remember these?! They were the COOLEST!...when I was 9 or so. My brother and I had our own stacks and we loved to look at them over and over again. This is not all of the cards I have, but some of the funnier ones! I hope you don't find them totally disgusting... pretend you are 10 while you are looking at them, maybe that'll help!

2 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Oh. My. Gosh. I LOVED these when I was a kid!!! We are SO from the same generation!

I have to admit, they are pretty disgusting, but as a 9 year old ---- Hilarious!

Did you just save these from your childhood? Are they a new generation of them? They seem kind of newer looking than the ones I remember.

Thanks for the laugh.

Oh, and the notice that there was a DI drive tomorrow. I wonder if I could get my act together by then?

Shaynna said...

Remember when I had a HUGE Zit on face and you were kind enough to bring me the card with a big milky Zit on it...(I dont remember what the name on it was and I am at work so I cant go look but, I still have it..:)