Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cry Baby

I am not a huge crier. That being said, I just spent a good 5 minutes crying. What pushed me to it? A Baby Story. There was an older couple who had tried and tried to have a baby. They suffered many miscarriages and felt very discouraged. Then....BAM! BABY! So I was watching this as I baked bread and tidied up my family room. I wasn't watching with popcorn or anything, just so you know. But that moment came. The pushing. The suspense. And finally, the baby! I flooded with emotion. That is the BEST feeling. Having your baby plopped on the outside of your belly. Then to see, so quickly, the fruits of your labor. To have something so wonderful come from all the discomfort, all the heart burn, all the aches, all the trips to the bathroom. I couldn't help but reflect on that very moment that I had with each of my children. It was so joyous and so...... worth it! I couldn't help crying in remembrance of those precious moments.

Maybe it'll help me be slow to anger with my babies if I can remember how much I wanted them to join our family and if I can remember the overwhelming feeling of love I had for them the moment that we met!

OK! I'm off to look through their baby books and to have another cry! LOL!

1 comment:

emily said...

I needed to read that today, thanks!