Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Jack-Jack

Last night while getting dinner ready Jack asked me what we were eating for dinner.
J: Mom, what're we eating for dinner?
M: Curry Chicken
J: Hairy Chicken?
M: yea! It makes you all hairy like dad if you eat it! You'll get hair in your arm pits.
(Jack walks into the bathroom, looks in the mirror, lifts an arm and smells)
J: My armpits smell like chicken.
M: LOL!!!!
(But seriously, they stunk! Is 7 too little for deodorant?

Deo for the B.O.? (Krista that was for you!)
___________________________________________________

Then Jack helped me plan family night...it was so helpful. I'm not sure why I haven't had him help me plan this before. He made a list of the activities that we were supposed to do. Here is the list....his actual spelling.
1. hot patato
2. fres bans (freeze dance)
3. draing a picher of spreng (drawing a picture of spring)

We got so involved playing together that we added arm wrestling and leg wrestling to the list and then we had ice cream.

It is possible to have a happy family night! Hallelujah!!!!!!

___________________________________________________________

In the car on the way to ice cream Jack and Max were having a little interchange that I couldn't help but note:
J: We're lucky that we're boys, Max. You know why? Cuz that means that when we grow up we get to be a dad and then we get to be in charge of the house!

Burke still insists that it's me who is the boss at home, but kids see things too clearly....he can't argue with this point of view!
____________________________________________________________

3 comments:

Ang said...

A happy family night? I'll believe it when I see it! :)

Hoffmann Family said...

Thanks for the good laugh! I better see you at the Farrells this Sun!

Krista Useche said...

nothin like a little deo for the bo! LOL