I decided to try some toddler pants made out of an old maternity t-shirt. I added an applique (which is probably not done right, but who really cares anyway?!) out of sock scrap from baby legs I made (and love BTW).
I started with some pj pants that fit my little leprechaun. I traced them onto the shirt adding 1/4 inch seam allowance along the sides and 1 1/2 inches (or so) at the top for the elastic waist. Cut out and then add cute rainbow applique to butt! Can't wait to see that thing shake when my leprechaun is running down the street!
These pictures are flipped. SORRY. Then sew the right sides together, sew elastic pocket and thread elastic through. Sew elastic together and close the elastic maneuviering hole (I'm sure there is a technical term, but I DON"T KNOW IT! LOL!
Like the pants that I am copying, I added a ruffle to the bottom. I had to be a bit creative here so I didn't run out of t-shirt. So my ruffle is only one thickness of fabric, with raw edges...I did big long basting stitches down about 1/3 the width of the fabric strip, then I gathered it, then I shortened my straight stitches and sewed the ruffle on. I actually messed up and sewed the ruffle on the wrong way, but I liked the way it looked so much ( and plus I HATE unpicking) that I decided it was the look I wanted and left it.
And Ta-Da!!!!!!!! St. Patty's Day pants for my little leprechaun!!!! Diaper booty! I love this project. It was EASY. I am not a good sewer, but it was easy for me. I am excited to try something else. There was a CUTE skirt at a boutique in Hawaii that I'd love to make. I couldn't get myself to pay the $98 for it. FOR COTTON!? Hello?!
Now chasin' that booty down the street will be funny to watch at the very least!
4 comments:
Those are so darn cute! You did a great job on them.... can't wait to see the next sewing project ;o)
OH, that is one cute diaper booty!!! Great job!
let's get together and sew sometime!
Awwww!
Post a Comment