Friday, March 26, 2010

Open Up

OPEN MOUTH INSERT FOOT

How often do you find yourself doing this?! I do it more often then I like to admit. But that's not what I'm doing this blog entry for. This entry is all about

OPEN MOUTH INSERT BOOGER

While driving here and there the other day I looked in the rear view mirror to see Max doing something absolutely horrifying....it was like a train wreck...you know...when you don't want to look, but you just can't stop yourself from looking. UGH!

Max was discreetly picking his nose. Then, cleaning off his finger with his tongue! BARF! GAG! PUKE!

Seriously though, why do kids do this? I did it. I tried to hide it too because I knew I shouldn't do it.

You know how some kids eat sand or dirt and they say it's an iron deficiency? Is that the case with boogers too? Are kids trying to increase salt levels in their body? Is there another vitamin or mineral in mucus that builds immunity or increases bone growth? Just a wondering!

I vividly remember the day that booger picking came to a halt for me. It was my grandpa Max who scared me out of picking. He had lost the top of his pointer finger. He told me that that was how he lost the tip of his pointer finger. He said that there are little monster bugs up in your nostrils and that they ate his finger tip off when he was picking his nose one day. He said he never picked his nose again because he didn't want to loose more of his finger! Where is grandpa Max when I need him?!

Anyone know someone with a missing finger that I can borrow for a little object lesson? Lemme know!

No comments: