Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Rice Krispie Bunnies


I found a really cute easter treat idea here the other day. It was a lot like the one shown above, except it was completely covered in chocolate. And though I am a BIG fan of anything dipped completely in chocolate, I omitted that step because THIS is a craft snack for my kids to do BY THEMSELVES!

All you need is store bought rice krispie treats, pink melting chocolate, a few chocolate chips a ziploc bag and a skewer or toothpick.

From beginning to finish it only took 5 minutes...and the best part....no big nasty mess to clean up after!!!!! Yippe-Ki-Yea!!!!

I put the pink chocolate into the ziploc and nuked it for 20-30 sec. increments until it was melted, then I snipped the tip off the bag and let the munchkins go to town!
The Chocolate chips got melted in a lil' bowl. I used the skewer to dip and draw eyes with
The original craft snack included a stick, which WOULD HAVE been fun...if only I'd remembered before they started eating. OH WELL!

Oh the concentration!

Oh the fun of accomplishing....and did I mention how fun it was to eat our lil' Easter Bunnies?!

No comments: