I was recently cleaning out my storage room. I am getting rid of all things baby. Maybe I shouldn't announce that...my luck, I'll end up with an "oops"...ya know what I mean. Not that I don't love and adore my other "oops'." (you understand right?) Any-hoo! I was clearing out the junk and found an old pussy willow wreath that I once loved. It used to grace my interior wall, then it graduated to the front door, and finally it found it's way into the dark recesses of the basement storage room. Ick! I know there have got to be some spiders hiding in it. It has been moved around and bumped so much that it has lost a good deal of it's fuzzy pussy willow thingies and it had a lot of broken twigs that were dangling ever so daintily. To put it mildly, it was ugly and so I put it aside so I could put it in the DI pile when an idea hit me...add cherry blossoms to it...ya know?...the Martha Stewart ones that I put on my wall tree.

So this afternoon I found an hour to make it happen. I actually liked the results. I thought there MIGHT be another someone out there who wants to save an old wreath too. The down side is that it is not weather proof. Oh Well! I'll hang it up and see how it weathers our spring storms. At the very least, it made me feel happy today! And that is always a good thing!
This took 2 sheets of pink tissue paper, about 8 feet of green crepe paper, and a stick of hot glue.

I wish I would have taken a before pic, but I am impulsive and anxious so it didn't happen. I'm sure you can envision it though. I think this was definitely a Trash into Treasure project.

Happy Easter!
3 comments:
That looks really cute!
I came across this today - April Fools crafts - thought you would like it. Totally cracked me up! check it out:
http://crafterhours.blogspot.com/
I especially love the Barbie chest hair for boys. Funny stuff.
You are KEELING me with your craftiness!!!! I love that idea! I have so so so many old decorations in my basement (some that have never even been used...ssshhh) that I need to figure out uses for or get rid of.
Oh, and I just got rid of all my baby stuff last month...it was awesome.
I love it!! Definitely a trash into treasure project... I have a few of those here as well if you'd like to work some magic into them. ;o)
And you lucky ladies being able to get rid of all your baby stuff! I just can't do it yet -- still holding onto some hope that a #3 will grace our family (but I'm still trying to convince my hubby of that - UGH)
Post a Comment