Thursday, April 22, 2010

Spruced up Chair

I've been collecting things for my craft room. I really want a place that is girly and fun and filled with fun things that SPEAK to me. Ya Know what I mean? I don't want a hoity-toity, up-tight, out of a catalog sort of room...it must be fun. So that means collecting a modge podge of random stuff...old and new.

I recently found THIS old chair at the thrift store. It was oh-so-ugly! It smelled like motor oil (cuz it probably graced some old fart's man den). But, it had HUGE potential in my eyes, so I put it in the mini van and dragged it home.

I sanded it a bit cuz there were some paint chipped spots, primed it, and put on a nice coat of orange (to match my Target boxes!). Then I found some orange/white outdoor fabric for $2 a yard that I loved. So I scooped up a bunch and recovered the seat with it. I sprayed the criss-cross back of the chair silver, cuz I like silver....it's shiny and pretty. Put it all back together and ...........drum roll please!

Voila!



My new-old chair! (total cost $7.00 -ish)

(Yes it is orange. That's so retro. So granny. Sooooooo 70's. But, you'll see. When I get my lil' room together you'll like it. I have a collection of orange things beginning... I'll have to share that another day.)