Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Trash into Treasure: Crystal-ish Lamp

On a trip to the thrift store last week I came across this pretty little lamp. OK. So the brass leaves something to be desired. It is a bit outdated...that's why it's at the thrift store. I LOVED the textured glass and the metal detailing so I paid $5 for the lamp and brought it home.

I taped over the glass and gave it a new look with some silver spray paint. And I just LOVE the way it turned out!!!! Oooooo. She is much cuter in silver than gold. Doncha think?!

And when I pair her with the $1 lamp shade that I scored about 3 weeks ago at the same thrift store I get a look that is worth keeping!

4 comments:

Angie said...

Way to go, you thrifty girl. It looks great!!!

Krista Useche said...

LOVE IT!!! So I should go with you sometime! Trash to treasure! (Did you ever watch that show?)

Krista Useche said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hoffmann Family said...

Way cool! Very impressive! Where did you get your spray paint? I am thinking of doing that to the gold fixtures in my master bath. I know that is a big part of why this darn house is not selling.