Monday, April 5, 2010

Sizzler Cheese Toast

My mom used to make this for us as kids...and we LOVED it. So, of course, I make it for my kids. All it is is Butter/Margarine spread on bread (any bread... this is a great way to get rid of old hamburger buns or ends of bread... the kids will actually eat it when you add the cheese) with parmessan cheese pressed into the butter. Then you grill it on the griddle until it is nice and browned and crispy.

I used artisan bread in this picture, but my kids like Grandma Sycamore's.

Sometimes they ask for cheese bread for breakfast. I'm fine with that!

Really, it compliments most meals. If I am serving a meal I know my kids won't eat well, I always add Cheese bread or applesauce to the table and that way I know they'll gobble it up and get a full belly one way or another! I simply hate it when they start rummaging through the pantry before the dishes are done.

1 comment:

Jessica and Nathan Dana said...

hey allison! My sisters said you had posted about getting rid of baby stuff! Let me know before you drop it all at DI and i might be able to take it off your hands!!